A : No. Just submit your entry!
Q : Can I submit more than one entry?
A : Nope. Pick your best work! This is what it's all about!
Q : When is my photo due each month?
A : Photo entries are due on the 25th of each month. Photos are generally judged within 2-6 days after that, winners are announced by the 1st of the following month. You can submit your photo after the due date if you wish to be critiqued, but ultimately any tardy entries will be disqualified.
A : Absolutely. Glassburners is for everybody! Even your grandma!
Q : Can I submit work I have created in previous months or years?
A : Any submission to a monthly challenge should be a creation you have made during the challenge month. The goal of Glassburners Photo Club is to motivate us to get out and shoot more, not operate the search function in Adobe Bridge. If you have a work that fits perfectly into this months challenge, go out and make it better!
Q : How do I submit a picture?
A : All digital files should be electronically mailed to glassburners@enterthedarkroom.com. For a detailed look into the details of submission, check out our Nitty Gritty Rules and Regs Post.
Q : Can I edit or enhance my images?
A : You bet. Some people are "purists" in that they feel the image should be complete after the shutter button is clicked. This has never been my philosophy, and I will explain why. I used to do all kinds of post production in the darkroom. I could adjust exposure and contrast. I could superimpose, or otherwise create "layers". I would touch up dust marks or other imperfections with pens after the print was developed. I would dye my images sepia or blue to create a different effect. Photoshop just makes all that a whole lot easier, that's all. Edit away my friends.
A : Really??
No comments:
Post a Comment